The best credit card for an individual will depend on their specific financial needs and spending habits. Here are some of the most popular and highly-rated credit cards in the United States, along with a brief overview of their key features:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred – a travel rewards card offering 2 points per dollar spent on travel and dining and 1 point per dollar spent on other purchases.
- Capital One Venture Rewards – a travel rewards card offering unlimited 2 miles per dollar spent on all purchases.
- Platinum Card from American Express – a premium rewards card offering 5 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on flights booked directly with airlines or through American Express Travel, and on eligible hotels booked through American Express Travel.
- Citi Premier Card – a rewards card offering 3 points per dollar spent on travel, including gas stations, and 2 points per dollar spent on dining and entertainment.
- Blue Cash Preferred from American Express – a cash back card offering 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $6,000 per year in purchases), 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming services, 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and on transit, and 1% cash back on other purchases.
These are just a few examples of the many credit cards available in the United States. It’s important to compare different credit card options and carefully review the terms and conditions of a card before applying, to find the best fit for your needs.